Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 1 30 Days of Truth

Day 01 — Something you hate about yourself.

Ah, something I hate about myself. My first reaction was...everything. The easier question would be, what do I like about myself. But in all actuality, there is little that I actually hate in the world at all. Hate is an extremely powerful word as it requires a lot of effort. There are things that I strongly dislike, but little that I would say I put the time and energy into actually hating. Is that lazy? Perhaps.

So as far as something that I strongly dislike about myself? There are a few things that pop into mind. I would say the biggest one that bothers me, is my lack of motivation. I fancy myself a very creative and imaginative person with big dreams and high hopes, however I have no follow through. I have lofty goals, but fall behind when it comes to actually putting something together.

This is something that I struggle with in all aspects of my life. Weight being the first and foremost with all the New Year's Resolutions breathing down our necks. I shy away from setting resolutions, because they seem like a set up to failure.

Oh, I just thought of something I actually do hate about myself. I have OCD. It causes most of my frustration and self-loathing. But that's a whole long post and I have no motivation (get it? haha) to write about it.

So what do you hate about yourself? Are you working on changing it?

1 comment:

  1. You know I feel the same way! There are a lot of things that I want to do, but at times just lack the willpower or energy to do them!

    My lack of willpower is what I hate about myself and it's something that I really need to work on.

    ReplyDelete